Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Having trouble with printable coupons?!?

Is it just me or are Internet printed coupons getting harder and harder to use?!? I've noticed quit a few stores cracking down about accepting them. I know how frustrating it can be when your told you can't use legit printable coupons especially when you have more then a couple in hand.

Here are 2 tips that I always use-
  • Make sure you print in color. I know this may sound obvious to some of you. I have numerous friends though that want to save there ink so they end up printing in black ink only. To a store employee the coupon may look like its been photo-copied and they might not except it. To save yourself the hassle print in color!

  • Use Card stock paper. It gives a feeling of a real manufacturer coupon not an Internet printed one. This will help so much with those coupon police who want to find anything and everything wrong with your coupons.

These 2 tips have helped me tremendously. I rarely have any issues with my coupons now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your Couponing 101 and am amazed at all the helpful tips and information. For those of us who need help in the "spending less" area, a community ed class would sure be useful!

Syme Family said...

Yesterday Walmart told me that they are no longer accepting printed coupons. Have you heard this? It doens't make any sense to me. I tried to get her to scan it anyway, but she wouldn't.

Anonymous said...

I am new to couponing and I have been so frustrated I have almost given up. Yesterday at Target, I had a clerk tell me that he wouldn't accept two coupons because they had the same number on them (even though I was purchasing two products) because he said I may have photocopied them on a color printer. I told him that the website allowed me to print two of the same coupons and I was just using them to purchase two items, but he said because they had the same number on them (I think for the barcode on the coupon) they could not accept both. Boo hoo!

Anonymous said...

To anonymous

The bar code will be the same.Just like a bar-code on an item in the store. The dot scan in the top right corner will be different. This is the number generated by the computer software you downloaded. I have heard this before just show them the difference in numbers.

Good Luck

Anonymous said...

Hi,A big thanks to all the info on couponing 101!!! I do have a question though? Im having problems with my printed coupons not scanning at the registers,no idea why??? i put in new ink,and have it set to grey scale.has anyone else have this problem or is there a way i can fix it? please any help would be appreciated,thank you