Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Walgreen's $5 Register Reward Promotion + Four day sale!

Today is the start of Walgreen's $5 Register Reward with a $25 or more purchase. Remember that this is before all manufacturer coupons... and I have also heard that you may still receive the $5RR even if your total dips lower after Walgreen's coupons. Wouldn't that be great!

There are also other specials going on during Walgreen's 4 day sale. You can check them all out in the ad that should be available right now in the front of your store or you can flip through it here.

A few specials to note-
*Buy $15 worth of select products get a $5RR-Capri Sun, Planters, Coke 2liters, Coke 12pks, Evian, Fuze, powerade and Vitamin water.
*Hallmark Tissue Paper .19 with in ad coupon
*Angel Soft 4 pk $1.29 with in ad coupon-Use .50 off coupon from 10/19RP=.79
*Kleenex .89 with in ad coupon-Use .40 off 1 coupon from 10/5SS=.49
*Maybelline Great Lash Mascara $2.99-Ask the cosmetic cashier for a coupon.

Here are a couple deal scenarios-

Transaction #1
  • Buy 3 Excedrin 40ct express Gels 3/$15
  • Buy 2 Reach toothbrushes (super clean) 2/$6
  • Buy 1 Colgate Total 60z toothpaste $2.99
  • Buy 1 Glade Wisp Flameless candle $3.99
  • Total= $27.98
  • Use 3 $2 off Excedrin coupons from here or 10/19SS=$6 off
  • Use buy one Reach Toothbrush get one free coupon from 10/12RP=$3 off
  • Use $1 off Colgate from 11/16SS=$1
  • Use $3 off Glade Wisp coupon from 11/2SS=$3
  • Final out of pocket expense=$14.98

Once you pay you will get back a $8RR for the Excedrin, $6RR for the Reach, $2RR for the Colgate and a $5RR just for "spending" $25!

So all of the above was really FREE plus you will have made $6!!!

Transaction #2


For more Walgreens Deals and Walgreens Coupons visit the new Hip2Save.com

  • Buy 3 12pks of coke=$10
  • Buy Capri Sun=$3
  • Buy Planters nuts=$3
  • Buy 2 Reach toothbrushes=$6
  • Buy Bald Guyz 16pk of Head wipes or 4oz Moisture gel=$4.99
  • Total=$26.99
  • Use buy one get one free toothbrush coupon from 10/12RP=$3
  • Total out of pocket expense=$23.99

Once you pay you will get back $5 for the Planters, Capri Sun, and Coke, $6 for the Reach , $5 for "spending" $25 and a $4.99 rebate for the Blad Guyz product.

So after Coupon, Register Rewards and Rebates your total will be $3... not bad!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks so much for your great tips. Today, I went to Walgreens and did not know about $5 for "spending" $25 . When I asked the lady , she said that I have to spend 25 before coupons to get that RR. I gave her my items and then the coupons and nothing printed out until I added 2 more items. What is the best way to do it? is it before or after coupons?

Thanks so much !

Hip2Save said...

The biggest tip I can give you is to NEVER ask a cashier ANY coupon related questions. I know that may sound strange but 99% of the cashiers I've dealt with are clueless in the coupon department... actually they don't even really know much about their own stores promotions and specials!
Before I answer your questions Id like you to answer this- When you said nothing printed out and you had to add 2 items... well I don't really understand. The $5 Register Reward you will receive for spending $25 wont print out until after you have PAID for your transaction. What I am guessing happened is maybe the cashier thought the register reward would print out before you paid so then of course made you feel as if you had to add on additional items. Is that right?!?
So to clarify Your total CAN dip below $25 with manuf. coupons and you should still get the $5 Register Reward. Also as I stated in another post it looks like even if Walgreen's coupons drop your total lower than $25 you will still get the $5 Register Reward too. If I were you I would try again and see if it works.

Thanks again for reading my blog! If you have any other questions feel free to let me know!

Anonymous said...

Waw, U are great. U are totally right about that: before I paid she said to me well it did not print anything and of course I took her words for granted, that is why I added the 2 items :(

I always go with my toddler to shop and before I get to the store, I am really ready for my purchases but once at the register, it seems like I get distracted and just make a lot of mistakes. I have a lot to learn. Thank you so much for all your great tips and posts. Sometimes just reading your posts make me think I saved money without going to the store :)

Regards,
MT

Hip2Save said...

Thanks for the great feedback!
Trust me I know how hard it can be shopping with a toddler in tow! I hope you have better luck at Walgreen's next time!