Thursday, January 15, 2009

How to get the most out of FREE samples!

I thought I would share a few of my tips on getting the most out of free samples. Before I do, though, I wanted to dish about the great freebies I got in the mail yesterday! It was definitely a very good mail day... lacking in the bill department which I LOVE!:)

I received...
  • A HUGE sample of Cosamin DS from Costco, 30 capsules FREE! My hubby takes this everyday, so he was exited about this one! Check out my original post for this here.

  • A FREE adorable soy candle and soap petal sample from The Braithwaite House. These smell amazing! The samples on their site, though, are temporarily unavailable!

  • A coupon good for a FREE can of Campbell's Select Harvest Soup. Go on over here to check out my original post!

  • A 15% off Bed Bath & Beyond coupon. You can get coupons and other promotional offers too by signing up here!

  • Another pair of FREE Hanes Undies! I was surprised to see these since I already won a pair last month!

  • A FREE issue of Good Housekeeping! I received this from an offer that is no longer available. Don't worry, there is lots more FREE magazines to come!:) I was exited once I opened the magazine and found an additional FREE Kleenex with lotion sample, little coupon booklet filled with some great savings and a $5 off Build A bear coupon!

  • 2 FREE issues of Cosmopolitan Magazine. I'm not sure if this deal is available anymore but you can try to snag a free Cosmo subscription here! I also found a FREE 2 liter of Diet Dr Pepper coupon inside the February 2009 issue!

Now on to my personal sample tips:

  1. First and foremost make sure the sample your about to acquire is legitimate! You can do this by Checking the companies home page and looking for a Copyright and Privacy Policy and of course going with your instinct, usually that can be pretty accurate!


  2. Before filling out a form to get a free sample ask yourself these questions-Will you use this sample? Will someone in your family? Will a neighbor or a friend? If you answered no, then do not get the sample. Just because something is free does not mean you should get it. If that was the case then your house would be surrounded with unnecessary clutter and who wants that?!?


  3. Think out of the box when it comes to samples and what I mean by that is... well, they have a lot more purposes then you may think. For example the Soap petals and soy candle sample I got pictured above will go great in the little gift basket I'm planning on making for my grandmother later this month and I may throw the soap petals (that smell amazing) into a little love letter I write to my hubby soon!


  4. Remember that when a free magazine subscription comes along it doesn't always have to interest YOU, meaning if you know of someone that would love the subscription then you could always send the magazines to their address instead of yours. This is a great way to send a totally FREE gift or just to show someone your thinking of them with no expense at all to you!


  5. Finally have fun with your samples! Address some of them in your child's name, so that they enjoy getting the mail too. Kids love feeling all grown up and this will let them do just that!

5 comments:

SimpleInspiration said...

Great tips, thanks!

Elizabeth said...

HOw do you treat a magazine subscription that you get 3 issues free? Do you send in the card that you write cancel on it? Do they never try to bill you? What do you do? Thanks.

Hip2Save said...

It really depends on the offer you get. Some offers specifically say they will NOT bill you, so for those I usually just ignore any type of advertising material I get from them.

Now for the offers for example that say after the first 3 free issues they will charge, then once the card or bill arrives (like you said) write Cancel on it really big and then just mail it in. The postage should already be taken care of, so you will not have to provide the stamp or EVER pay anything.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks. I'll try a few offers out there and see how they go.

Jenny said...

Great freebies!

I've never seen a 15% off Bed Bath & Beyond Coupon. Ours are always 20% off.