Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It PAYS to be nice to your cashier!

I always try to be extra nice to cashiers! Why you ask?

Well... Most of the time I have lots of coupons in hand and sometimes tend to do more then one transaction. Its definitely not always EASY dealing with customers like myself! This is why I always try to be extra nice and really show each cashier how much their appreciated! I find most of the time that if I can put a smile on my face, strike up a conversation and show an interest in what they do, then I can usually walk out with a new Cashier buddy!

I have a few favorite cashiers that I always try to do something extra special for! Today on my Walgreen's trip one of my fav cashiers was working in the cosmetics department. When checking out I made sure to give her 4 Reese's Whips bars that I had gotten free. Sometimes I will give out a few coupons instead, it just depends on the deals I get. Anyway she in turn pulled out containers and containers of coupons and sample bins! She literally started throwing stuff in my hands. Of course, you know me, I was soooo exited! I love me some FREE samples and coupons!



For more Walgreens Deals and Walgreens Coupons visit the new Hip2Save.com
It sure does PAY to be nice!

8 comments:

Freida said...

I'm so glad you were rewarded for your kindness. Not that you did it for reward, of course, but it's always nice to be appreciated, isn't it? I was telling my husband tonight about a cashier at CVS who seemed quite displeased that I used a coupon for the Detour bars and only had to pay $.20. I made sure I told her thank you and smiled. My children were with me and I sure didn't want them to grow up thinking it's ok not to smile at someone just because they didn't smile. Your blog today made me smile. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

The other day, while I was sitting on the floor pulling down my loot of Blistex, I overheard a lady at the pharmacy counter say that she was a new customer. When she walked away, I asked her if this was her first time using CVS as a pharmacy and she replied that it was the only one she could find open 24 hours, it was late by then. I asked if she could come out to my car for a coupon and when she told me that both of her little girls had double ear infections. I had a bunch of extra Rite Aid transfer coupons in my car and gave her two since she had two new prescriptions. It was like giving a stranger $60 and boy did it feel good to help someone out like that. It made my whole night and she seemed pretty happy too! All because I clipped some extra coupons.

Hip2Save said...

Thanks so much for the comments.

Bonnie, I really enjoyed reading your story! Its always nice to go out of your way and do something extra special for a stranger!

Richters, I would have done the same thing in CVS too! It called kill them with KINDNESS!:) If they dont like it... oh well, at least you tried!

Anonymous said...

Also, be sure to check your local competitor stores for coupons in the isles. You will be surprised what you might find coupon for to use at Publix. There is nothing wrong with grabbing a coupon or two to save for a later sale (if anyone questions you). I also get in the habit of writing to your favorite brands for a coupons. Here is what you do…
Go to the website - find the contact us link and complete the form with your info. Mention in the comments that you want coupons and how you LOVE their brand. I have gotten MANYYYYYYY coupons this way. Some for FREE items and most do not expire until 2010. The best ones were from Fresh Express/Chiquita and Kashi.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late reading this, but oh how true the title is. I work as a cashier during college breaks, and an also very coupon savy. I will give and tell customers of deals if they are friendly. But if they are rude and trying to get something by that I would normally just go ahead and let them do, they get nothing. It perks my day up to be nice to those who are nice back.

Teri said...

I tried to give a Walgreens cashier a candy bar for being extra helpful/nice and the manager came by and said she was not allowed to take anything from customers.

Teri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

boo hoo on that manager i have not heard of that i'am a cashier at walgreens and i always help with coupons and sometimes people do give gifts as a way of saying thank you but they don't have to, i enjoy my customers and don't expect anything in return just everybody be nice to each other happy couponing .he he