Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Walgreens Irish Spring Body Wash Confusion

Why is the FREE Irish Spring Body Wash coupon "Rolling"?!?

The barcode on the FREE Irish Spring Body Wash coupon is coded to take off $4.50. However, the purchase price of the Irish Spring Body Wash is $4.49. The reason why the coupon is coded to take off $4.50 instead of $4.49 is because the closest "value code" to put in is $4.50.

When the cashier scans this coupon it will beep due to the fact that the value of the coupon ($4.50) is more then the value of the item ($4.49). The cashier will then have to manually enter the coupon to take of $4.49. After doing this you'll end up getting another FREE coupon since the Catalina machine doesn't realize that the same FREE coupon was just used.

I've gotten quite a few emails about this, so I'm hoping this may clear up some of the confusion.


For more Walgreens Deals and Walgreens Coupons visit the new Hip2Save.com

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, great post!
You cleared up all my questions, thanks!

Your Best Friend said...

That makes sense. Thanks for letting us know!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog and have commented a few times...but you are so awesome to share all your fabulous finds. I've been doing this deal and it's awesome...free rolling coupons rock!

Anonymous said...

I purchased the Irish Spring this week and received the coupon for a free bottle. When I used this coupon on my next trip to Walgreens I did not get another printable coupon. Just wanted to share my experience, it must depend on what Walgreens you go to.

Shayna said...

So it's ok for the cashier to manually adjust the amount of the coupon? I had a cashier say she couldn't do it because it was coupon fraud!

Hip2Save said...

Shayna,

Yes, it's ok for the cashier to manually adjust the coupon down (she can write the new price on the coupon).

They have this advertised in their weekly ad, that if your purchase the Irish Spring you'll get a coupon for a FREE one, so they cannot sit there and tell you that they won't except a valid coupon... especially when this promotion is advertised in their weekly ad.

Anonymous said...

Did this today using my $1 that came in my colegate gift pack...I got the free one and I did not get another "free" coupon.

amy and the bad cats said...

i did this deal today, and after my 2nd transaction (using the coupon to get the body wash free), i did NOT get another coupon. eh. i still didn't have to spend any money OOP, though, so it's all good.

Kristen said...

Just wondering, do you pay tax on the free one?

Kristy said...

I was able to do this rolling deal 5 times but the 5th time it did not spit out another free coupon and I did have to pay sales tax. Such a great deal - I can't wait to see how long this stash lasts my hubby.

Anonymous said...

Did not work for me more than once. Bummed, its just like a bogo. CVS is cheaper on things like this I think. My hubby was excited though.

Tapuosi Family said...

where did you get this coupon?

Hip2Save said...

After you pay for the Irish Spring Body Wash you'll get a coupon to get another one for free. It will come out of the register by the Catalina machine.

Anonymous said...

It's not even in my weekly ad! Darn! I tried it at both stores I got nothing!

Lynn said...

Im sad that the day I decide to try this, they go and fix it. New Q now says 4.49.

Sheri said...

Just went to do this today and the coupon says $4.49. I don't think this "rolling" deal works anymore. Too bad!

Ben and Bethany said...

is this deal dead?

Hip2Save said...

Yes, this deal is over now.