Monday, April 27, 2009

The Most Requested Grocery Stores!

I am shocked at the response received from the new grocery store feature I will be adding! I received almost 500 comments... WOW, is all I can say!

Here is the breakdown of the most requested Grocery Stores! Virtually, every state, other than Alaska and Hawaii, was mentioned. The number of different grocery stores requested by all of you was 118. Many large chains were mentioned, but local stores and smaller chains were also noted.

The top grocery stores:
1. Kroger
2. Walmart
3. Albertsons
4. Safeway
5. Publix
6. Meijer
7. Food Lion
8. Harris Teeter
9. Smiths
10. Jewel
11. HyVee
12. Winn-Dixie
13. HEB
14. Stop & Shop
15. Fred Meyer
16. Lowes Foods
17. Super Target
18. PicknSave
19. Cub Food
20. Dominick's

The top smaller grocery stores, by state:
1. HEB in Texas
2. PicknSave in Wisconsin
3. Food Lion in North Carolina
4. Cub Foods in Minnesota
5. Giant in Pennsylvania
6. Dominicks in Illinois
7. Fry's in Arizona
8. HyVee in Iowa
9. Winn-Dixie in Florida
10. Tops in New York
11. Shoprite in New Jersey
12. Dillons in Missouri & Kansas

As you can all see-this is a HUGE list and I obviously can't cover all of these. What I personally feel will make the most sense is to cover some smaller stores. The reason being, there are so many larger grocery store chains that are covered by various other bloggers. The smaller chains, however, are harder to find deal lists for. I will still be covering a few larger stores too.

I am planning on having the final results for the stores I choose posted before the end of this week. Hopefully, I'll be able to begin posting the weekly grocery store deals starting next Monday, May 4th.

Since I won't be covering all the grocery stores, I still want to point you all in the right direction. If you are a blogger and list any of the grocery stores mentioned above please feel free to email me:
hip2save(@)yahoo.com.

I will start linking to other bloggers on a weekly basis for the grocery stores I don't list and the ones they cover.

Stay tuned....

27 comments:

Nicole said...

i just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. you have saved me a ridicuous amount of money that i cant even count it all. and to tell you the truth i had lots of fun in the process. thanks again(:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Awesome task ahead of you even if you just go with a few! Seriously, I love your site~in fact I am obsessed with it and checking several times a day for something new..........
Thanks for all the hard work you do! Barb J

Cherilyn said...

You're incredible. Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all you do. My store is number 2 on the small list and would love for you to cover it, but understand if you can't. You lay out the deals in the most clear fashion of any of the blogs I've read - that's why we all love you. While I appreciate what the other bloggers try to do, none make it as clear as you do.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the commissary on your list. Do you know of any blog that covers commissary deals?

Hip2Save said...

Jessica,
Oops! I forgot to mention that. I will be covering the commissary deals!:)

Couponing in Central Florida! said...

WOW 500 comments!!!! WOW!!!
:) I emailed you

Carla in Nor Cal said...

Yay! I look forward to seeing the grocery deals next week! Thanks for all that you do!!

Brittany said...

I thank you for all of your hard work too! I note my favorite matchups of yours and give credit on my blog. But, I have been doing matchups for Dillon's(well, not this week, because it's the same as last weeks ad!) so if you'd like help, let me know:)

pami said...

wow, thanks so much!! can't wait...

Anonymous said...

Please note that Fry's in Phoenix is the same as Kroger.

Just want you to know that you are my favorite website :)

Anonymous said...

ccherrypicker covers giant eagle and acme.

Emily said...

Maybe people already know this, but it took me awhile to figure it out. Smiths is a Kroger company. Their are ads match up pretty closely, if not exactly the same!

fran said...

Collin, You do enough for everyone with all the "freebies" (get it?)and all the great deals...so if you don't do my ShopRite or any grocery stores for that matter...it will be OK with me. But, if ShopRite IS one of your choices, that will OK, too. Please keep those "freebies" coming. You are awesome:)

Anonymous said...

Ditto...on the hard work.
Its so nice that ppl like you care enough about others to take personal time and effort to help us.

A comment on the Stores...do you think we could focus on some Northern chains also...such as Giant Eagle, Ohio?

Thanks again.. I love your site! :)

Bethany said...

I definitely pick Kroger too...only problem is that Kroger isn't universal - they have several different regions that all have different flyers each week.

You're welcome to cover the delta region ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog as well as the rest of the coupon world! I first started with checking out a couple couponing blogs and discovered your blog about a month ago. You are at the top of my list and I think I am a little (LOT) addicted to checking your site numerous times a day.

Mommycia said...

Do you think it would be possible to set up a link/list of blog sites that cover the stores you wont be. I would love to know Fred Meyer deals, but HCW doesnt have much for them, and I havent found people that do it. Thanks for everything you do!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all you do--I LOVE your site! Grocery deals will be great, but please know that we really value all the other deals you post. Lots of sites cover groceries, but I think you are the best 'deal' site out there! Thanks :)

Wendy

Danielle said...

Thank you Hip2Save...you really help so many people everyday!!

I forgot to vote...but I choose Shop Rite in New York...I see you have it for New Jeresy, so it should be the same anyway.

I have been shooting to do a shop rite blog myself, someday soon ;)

Anonymous said...

Mommycia,
Check out thebargainjargon.com and frugalcouponliving.com- the deals for Fred Meyer are posted there, as well as about 10 other grocery stores. Hope this helps you!

nicole corry said...

do you know of any blogs that cover stop and shop?

Anonymous said...

I just want to thank you like everyone else has, you do an amazing job. I have checked out other bloggers but none have sites as great as yours. You have the most organized and links that almost always work. Thank you for all you do!! PS - if we're voting Tops or Wegmans in NY would rock!

Nicole said...

Just an FYI, Smith's is the same as Kroger.. that's what we have out here in Utah. Smith's Marketplace is the same as Fred Meyer as well.

CJ said...

I only wish I had any of those grocery stores in my area, I'd be up to my ears in great buys!

Anonymous said...

Please just don't stretch yourself to thin! I love all the deals you find everywhere else on the web that others don't post. So I just don't want you getting burnt out. Take Care and thanks for all you do!

Tiffany said...

Thank you! You are the best!