Sunday, January 18, 2009

Walgreen's & Food Lion Weekly Deals!!!

I scored some pretty sweet deals today. For everything pictured above I spent a total of $48.57... not bad! This will take care of all our grocery shopping for this week too!

Walgreen's Deals
I did a total of two transactions.
1st Transaction-
One bag of Pringles Minis $2.50
3 boxes of Orville Redenbacher Popcorn $1.50 each=$4.50
2 dawn Dish Washing Liquids .99 each with in ad coupon=$1.98
3 Jars of Ragu sauce $1.99 each=$5.97
5 containers of Skippy Peanut butter $1.99 each=$9.95
Total $24.90
Coupons used-
One $1 off pringles
Three $1 off Orville Redenbacher
Two .50 off Dawn
One $1 off 3 Ragu
Five .40 off Skippy
Total now-$16.90
Then used a $10RR from the Pepsi deal (from the previous week)
Final cost $6.90
Payed with Walgreen's gift card
Final expense $0!

Then I did the Pepsi/Frito-Lay deal-
4 12 pks of Pepsi/Mountain Dew-$12
2 bags of Tostitos-$5
2 Jars of Tostitos Queso-$5
Total $22
Used $10RR from the above deal
Final cost $12
Payed with Walgreen's Gift card
Final expense $0!

Check out all the Walgreen's weekly deals with coupon match ups, deal scenarios plus more!


I also went on over to Food Lion and snagged lots of great buys too! Best Deal Highlights-

South Beach Bars $2.50
Used the $2 printable coupon=.50 per package

Dannon Yogurts $2
used $1 coupon from the 1/11SS =$1 per 4 pack

Minute Rice packages $1.67
Used $1 coupon=.67 each
You can print this from the coupons.com banner to the right
Or use the $1 coupon from the 12/7RP

Coffee Mate Creamer $1.66
Final price ONLY .16!

2 huge bag of Grapes and Onions=$7.83
Used $2 off $5 produce purchase Food Lion Coupon
Final cost ONLY $5.83... not bad for this time of year!

I was really exited about the deal I scored for dinner tonight-
Food Lion has this promotion where if you buy three of their prepared side dishes from the deli (prices starting at $2.99) then you get a FREE Rotisserie Chicken ($6.99 value). Well to sweeten the deal I had the Food Lion Internet printed $2 off $5 Deli purchase coupon... wait, though,it gets even better. While picking out the sides I noticed an additional tear pad coupon, $3 off 3 sides, a Rotisserie chicken and a package of rolls or bread (I was already buying bread). When I went up to the register to checkout I asked the cashier if I could use both coupons and she said if it scans Ill take it... and it ended up working! I managed to snag 3 yummy sides, a Rotisserie Chicken and a loaf of bread that would have cost me $17.95, after coupons, though, ONLY $5.96! Now that's an inexpensive dinner!

For more Food Lion Deals and Food Lion Coupons visit the new Hip2Save.com



For more Walgreens Deals and Walgreens Coupons visit the new Hip2Save.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing my Walgreens there were probably 15 jars of PB and they are gone....but if I get a rain check for the price, the RR deal should still work...right?

Hip2Save said...

Debbie,
First, remember that Walgreen's stores do vary a little with how they issue rain checks. This is what happens for me-

For the weekly ad coupon/sale items the coupon or sale ad is cut out of the flyer and stapled to the rain check.


For RR items, what they typically do is print off the RR coupons that you would have gotten if the product was in stock, put them in their office and write a rain check indicating that there are register rewards in the amount of whatever available for pickup in the office when transaction is completed.

I know Im repeating myseld again but all stores have different policies, so this may or may not work at yours.

Let me know, if you get a chance, what they say. Im a little curious...

Latte said...

I SOOOOO wish we ate this kind of food, because those are some awesome deals...but I am trying (key word trying) to lean towards the all natural and organic stuff...bummer!

Latte

Anonymous said...

Great job!!! Very impressive