Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Kmart Double Deals for 2/22!


I've been out most of the day shopping and am completely wiped out! Well... not quite wiped out enough to pass up on posting these deal for all of you!:)

I headed on over to Kmart first thing in the morning and once again my local Kmart was empty... that was nice! The bad part was they had not restocked from the last double promotion, the store was a mess and some of the products were not scanning for the correct shelf price. Anyway I still managed to walk out of their spending just under $25 with over $6 of that being tax! I was also exited because I found 3 boxes of Electrasol on clearance for $2.39 and was able to snag 16 bottles of FREE Sobe Life Water!

My little Kmart Tips:

Make sure to price check any clearance items you find, as well as any other products you're not quite sure of. That way when you check your receipt (hopefully) you won't have any price mistakes.

If you think something is out of stock ask an employee if there are any products in the back. A lot of times they just haven't gotten time to go around and restock all the items.

Make sure, I repeat MAKE SURE that the cashier touches the correct product that the coupon goes with. If they don't you may get less for your doubled amount. For example, if you purchase Crest Toothpaste for $3 and used a $1.50 coupon, then the additional doubled amount would be $1.50. If, though, the cashier touches a $1.99 product to go with the Crest coupon, then it would only be doubled .49 more, so you would be losing out on a $1 and that adds up FAST. Just make sure you pay attention to what products their touching.

My last tip is to have NO fear and bring in those coupon binders!:) I took my huge binder in this morning with pride, OK I may have been a tad bit embarrassed, but I was determined to SAVE, SAVE, SAVE! Having access to all your coupons makes it a lot easier to take advantage of clearance deals and other unadvertised finds.

Here are a few more great buys I came across:

Sobe Life Water $1
Use .50 handtags found on the products
Final cost FREE!

Bayer Chewable Low Dose "baby"Aspirin (36 tablets) $1.99
Use $1 coupon from the 1/4SS or 2/1RP
Final cost FREE

Bayer low dose aspirin (32 tablets) $1.99
Use $1 coupon from 1/4SS or 2/1RP
Final cost FREE!

Diego Band-Aids (and other select ones) $2.19
(there were also select Band-Aids on clearance for $1.74)
Use $1 coupon from the 2/8SS
Final cost .19 or FREE!

Oral-B Adult manual twin pack (select varieties)$3.69
Use $2 coupon from the 2/8PG
Final cost FREE!

Clorox Anywhere Fabric Spray or Hard Surface $1.99
Use .75 coupon from the 1/25RP
Final cost .49!

KY Warming Liquid 1 oz. $4.79
Use $2 coupon from the 10/26 or 12/7RP
Final cost .79!

Pledge Multi Surface Duster $2.79
Use $1.25 coupon from the 2/22SS
Final cost .29!

Select Johnson’s and Johnson’s Gauze products $1.69-$2.79
Use $1 coupon from the 1/4RP
Final cost as low as FREE!

Lysol Disinfectant Bathroom Spray $3.19
(Please note there are other Lysol Disinfectant Sprays that are way higher priced-the bathroom cleaner Lysol Disinfectant Spray is the least expensive in that product line)
Use $2 coupon from the 2/1SS
Final cost FREE!

** I will add all of these to the Kmart Double Deals list!


For more Kmart Deals and Kmart Coupons visit the new Hip2Save.com


7 comments:

Heather said...

I completely agree with you about taking your entire coupon file. My husband is always picking on me, but because I had mine today, I got 10 bottles of Fructis for FREE because I found it on clearance for $1.99 and had 10 $1 coupons. Also, if you don't have a $ off a certain amount coupon you can have them scan your item, then the coupon so you can see exactly what you are getting credit for. Some cashiers seem to be trying to hide their screen, but I always ask to see it as they go so that I can better understand what I'm being charged.

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. You mention "making sure the cashier touches" the correct item to correspond with the coupon. I have no idea what this means. Do you give coupons as they ring it up? Do they go back through the bags? Double Deals is going through the week so I want to be sure to get it right before I go. Thank you so much for all your help!!!

Hip2Save said...

Kiki,

After the items are scanned you will hand the cashier over all your coupons. When she starts scanning each one they will either automatically double or the cashier will have to pick a product on her screen and then it will double up to or lower then the cost of whatever item she touches. If that happens sometimes the cashier (feeling rushed) will just touch any product on the screen. If she touches a lower value product then your coupon may not double up to the correct amount.

After you hand over your coupons just make sure to watch the screen while the cashier is scanning them and when she does have to choose a product on the screen politely tell her which product she should touch.

Anonymous said...

Coolio. Thanks!

Megan said...

Super trip and thanks for the tips!

Anonymous said...

Were you able to use your $5 Kmart coupon since your purchase without coupons was over $50?

Hip2Save said...

I actually was able to use a $7 off $70 purchase coupon that had printed off with one of my previous receipts.

You are able to use these type of Kmart savings coupons before all manuf. coupons, so if your total is above the amount stated on the Kmart coupon (before all manuf. coupon), then you should be able to use it. Just make sure to hand over the Kmart coupon first.