Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Walgreens: FREE Crest + $5 Moneymaker!

Another great Walgreens Deal:

Breeze 2 and Contour Meters are on sale for $14.99 at Walgreens this week. When you purchase one you'll get a coupon for a FREE Crest Pro-Health (6 oz.) toothpaste. Of course that deal by itself isn't so sweet, so here's how to make it that much sweeter:

This will require s few transactions, but you can do them over the course of this week or just purchase them at a few different Walgreens.

Transaction #1:
Purchase 1 Breeze 2 or Contour Meter for $14.99
Use the $30 coupon from the 6/1 or 3/16SS (These expire today!) or you can use the $30 coupon from the 2/1 or 10/26RP
This coupon will be adjusted down to $14.99
Pay nothing... but tax!
After your purchase a coupon will pop out for a FREE Crest Pro-Health (up to $5) courtesy of Bayer for the meter you purchased.

Do 3 more transactions (just like the one above).

Transaction #4:
Purchase 4 Crest Pro-Health toothpastes-6 oz.
Use 4 FREE coupons that you earned above
Pay nothing... but tax!

Then you'll be able to submit for the $5 EasySaver rebate #5!

Final cost for all the above (besides tax) FREE + a $5 moneymaker! YAY!

**Remember free clinics and senior centers LOVE donations, so if your not going to use your meters, definitely think about donating them!


For more Walgreens Deals and Walgreens Coupons visit the new Hip2Save.com

12 comments:

Lubby25 said...

What do you do when the store says they won't mark coupons down to the sale amount? I was at Walgreens yesterday with a $4 coupon for an item on sale for $3.99 and they refused to change the coupon to $3.99.

Hip2Save said...

Yes, that has happened to me in the past. I usually have corporates number programmed in my phone and I will call them if I have any issues.

The Bayer Meter $30 coupons, though, are a little different. When they're scanned they will usually beep for the cashier to enter the price. Bayer knows that some of their products will end up being under $30, so they code their coupons that way. When the cashier scans the coupon I let her know that she'll need to enter the price of $14.99. As of yet, I have not had any issues using the Bayer coupons.

Anonymous said...

"After tax" is the key. Where I live the tax for all of those items makes it only a 50 cent money maker. But you still get the tooth paste and monitors for free!

ThriftyPuppy said...

It's not a moneymaker for me either after tax. If only I needed more toothpaste... NOT!!! I still have over 30 in my stockpile. :-)

I like to use those coupons as "fillers" at CVS when the meters are on sale (free) because they help me get to $30 when I have a $5 off $30 coupon.

Anonymous said...

For it to be a "money-maker", you would need to have more than one Breeze2/Contour coupon, correct? I only have the one that expires 9/09. Should I use it now, or hang on to it for a better deal?

Party Plannin Momma said...

Soy Joy Bars are on sale 2/$1 if you take the B1G1 coupons and the $2 off 10 bars you can get an AWESOME deal! I got 42 bars (which are pretty dang good btw) and they came up to $0.05 each! There were several boxes a one of my local wWlgreen's so it should be pretty easy to get these before Saturday when the sale ends :D

Hip2Save said...

Anonymous,
There will probably be more Breeze Monitor coupons available again in the coming weeks.

If I were you I'd probably use it. You'll still get the monitor and a tube of toothpaste free... not bad!

Unknown said...

Question ... what do I do if I have bought the monitors but no coupons for free toothpaste were printed? It had been a long day and I had a couple other transactions to do using RR's and such so I wasn't on top of the game. I did buy each monitor separately but didn't get anything besides a receipt :) Since it wasn't "advertised" I didn't know how I would show that I was supposed to get a coupon for toothpaste. Is there anything I can do now after the fact? Thanks!!

Hip2Save said...

Julie,

That's so strange. I wonder if their Catalina machine was broken or out of paper. Go ahead and call the Catalina company with your receipts in hand (1-888-8COUPON). Let them know what happened and they should be able to mail you out the toothpaste coupons. The only downside is that it may take a couple weeks to receive them.

Rhonda said...

Thanks! I went and got one today. It wasn't a moneymaker for me, but I was able to help someone out and all I had to do was pay the tax. Oh, and I got free toothpaste:-) And, I made friends with the cosmetic counter lady<--the best part of the deal.

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I bought seven meter machines, paid no tax, and received 7 coupons for $38 worth of free toothpaste.I later went to another Walgreens and picked them up and paid nothing. Not bad at all.

thanks for the info :)
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Do you know if I will be able to use the receipts from my free crest to get the easy rebates for this month?

thanks